Friends, Romans, Countrymen, the New Year doesn’t start until Sunday, but I thought I’d give you a little peek of what you can expect on An Island Mom in 2012, if your ears are available for the lending.
1. For those of you into this sort of thing, baby-girl is starting cheerleading for the first time this winter. Have you ever seen a four-year-old girl in a cheerleading uniform? It pretty much doesn’t matter what she does. If she exists, she’s a little cute.
2. We will be painting the entire interior of our new house. Ourselves. Given LCB’s current business obligations, I suspect “we” will become “me” in stealth-like fashion. It is almost impossible to overemphasis how much I am not looking forward to this. Painting one room can be fun, but painting a whole house is not exactly on my list of favored pastimes.
3. My eldest will be playing basketball again this winter, and apparently he recently went to the store and bought himself a new competitive streak. Last year, he was Mr. Indifferent, sometimes almost forgetting that he was playing mid-game if even the slightest of distractions occurred within a 10-mile radius of the court. So we are unsure of what to make of this uncharted territory we seem to have found our ship suddenly in.
4. Mr. Impulsivity himself, my younger son, will be taking his first crack at martial arts, a move we hope no one will come to regret.
5. After five months of deliberation and three summit meetings over what source of television we should invite into our home (cable, dish, etc.) we have finally committed and will soon be having our very own live TV in our new home. This will come in handy for me, as historically I’ve gotten a large percentage of my news from television sources. Thus, hopefully Ma will be less likely to start posts mentioning certain topics only to find, for example, that the person she was intending to discuss has left this mortal veil of tears without notifying her via The Internets.
Ma’s getting back in the loop, folks.
6. LCB and I have decided to commit to a new health regime sometime in January. Specifically, we are going to commit to losing a few extra pounds that have plagued our abs of late, and we’re going to make exercise a daily part of our lives again, having recently fallen off the wagon (this last part is actually news to LCB as well, so pray for
him me). Frankly, the only main reason for bringing this up is because if I commit to it here on An Island Mom, I have to follow through. Last time LCB and I discussed a diet and exercise modification, it literally took a year before we found the right time to implement it, so I’m hoping this will be the kick in the pants we need to follow through this time around in a more timely manner.
Oh, and I might as well bring this up now. Having modified my caloric intake and exercised with this man before, I can attest to one thing.
When we do this, that man is not my friend.
Words of an unfriendly nature will, in fact, be exchanged.
Specifically, in this public.
If you have a penchant for tabloids and reality TV, you might want to stick around.