Hey, I just wanted to let all of you know I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth that, oh whoops, turned out to be flat after all. I just done got myself into a bit of a fix here, on account of a busted sink, a busted oven (yes, again!!!), a baby-girl starting her first year of school as well as two boys returning to school, an extra writing assignment, and oh yeah, a job that requires me to impart a wisdom I suspect I may have lost somewhere along the way to a group of students who are three days away from figuring out that their English teacher might just be a little coo-coo.
This whole situation is making me flirt with run-ons.
I’ve got tons to share just as soon as I find my mind and a way to add an extra 7.2 hours to the day.
Bear with me.
And stay tuned for post on things like:
1. The dork factor
2. “My oven is my nemesis” and other tales from the land of Kitchen
3. Holy cow, I just spied on my kids at school: How did I grow up to be that parent?
4. What happened to the world while I was on a giant maternity leave? No, seriously?
5. Faking it: A mother’s/wife’s/teacher’s/writer’s/person at the grocery store’s tale
6. The folly in giving a kindergartener money to buy her own food while you work a football game
7. I’m too old and possibly too pre-pre-arthritic for heels at work, but I’m going down with a fight (in the literal sense).
8. Who are all these “young” teachers, and why are there so many more of them than last time I taught?
I know many of you are busy as well, but I hope everyone’s surviving the back-to-school rush. And if I find the secret to adding 7.2 hours to the day, I’ll blog about it.
Right after I patent it.