From my vantage point, it seems hard to believe that today is the one year anniversary of An Island Mom. One year ago I sat, surrounded by lists of post ideas and a few rough drafts, trying to figure out how to make this whole thing tangible to anyone other than myself. And now, here I sit a year later, writing my 205th post.
Especially, I want to thank all of you who, for reasons sensible or otherwise, have chosen to read An Island Mom and laugh, groan, roll your eyes and whatever else with me. All of you have been a joy.
In light of the anniversary, then, it seems appropriate to go over a few of the highlights of this blog, posts that stand out in my mind as I think back over the year. So here goes:
1. Posts That Made Me Laugh Out Loud At Myself
2. Posts About The Small People That Made Me Laugh Out Loud
3. Posts That I Almost Didnâ€™t Write Out Of Sheer Embarrassment (For Real)
4. Hardest Posts To Write
5. Posts I Wrote To Distract Me From Imagining That Hurricane Irene Might Consume My House
6. The Most Inevitable Post Ever
7. Posts About Weird But True Things That Happened Near Me Or To Me In Stores
8. My Very First Post
A one-year anniversary is usually just the beginning of something, or at least just the beginning of most things that count for much. I hope that this is just the very beginning of An Island Mom. â€˜Cause Iâ€™ve learned so much from yâ€™all, and Iâ€™ve laughed so hard with yâ€™all, and Iâ€™ve been moved in ways I never imagined by yâ€™all.
And, Iâ€™ve grown accustomed to sitting alone at my computer, coffee or shiraz in hand, laughing aloud as I write, with all of you so far away in geographical miles and yet so close in blog miles.
I donâ€™t think Iâ€™d want it any other way.